This is one of my favourite salads. It is easy, healthy and the combination of warm, sweet and salty make it a delicious staple in our family. The kids even like it! I got the recipe from my sister who is a fantastic cook but I am not sure where it originated from. When I find the source I will note it.
1 Bag of pre-washed baby spinach (preferably organic)
4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Red onion
1 Large handful of crumbled Feta cheese
2 Tablespoons Red wine vinegar or Sherry Vinegar or rice vinegar (I have tried them all and they all work well)
1) Wash spinach and spin or let sit to dry a little
2) Crumble a large handful of feta and set aside
3) Slice onion into 1/4″ slivers
4) Heat 2 Tablespoons of olive oil in skillet
5) Sautee onions in oil until carmelized (about 7 minutes)
6) Place onions hot from the pan onto the spinach
7) In the same pan, add 2 Tablespoons of olive oil, heat and ad your crumbled feta. Also ad the vinegar and heat until feta is melted and mixture is bubbling.
8) Drizzle mixture over spinach and onion while warm. Toss and serve immediately.
Note: Feta in this picture is not melted quite enough. There should not really be visible lumps of feta, although it is still yummy!