This is my favourite recipe for pumpkin muffins and is also great as pumpkin loaf if you are lazy like me and don’t want to bother filling all those paper cups 🙂
Pumpkin Muffin Recipe:
- 4 eggs
- 2 Cups white sugar
- 1 1/2 Cups Oil – I use light olive oil which is pricey but healthy. Any quality vegetable or canola oil should do
- 1 3/4 Cups pure pumpkin from a can (be careful not to get pumpkin pie filling by mistake)
- 3 Cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Cups rasins or chocolate chips
- Brown sugar for sprinkling on top*Note: if you double the recipe, you can use a full 796ml can.
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Mix together eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin.
- In a separate bowl, mix the rest of ingredients (except the brown sugar).
- Add bowl of dry ingredients to wet and mix all together thoroughly.
- Fill muffin tins and sprinkle top with brown sugar.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes (until toothpick comes out clean after poking centre)